- 1 egg (diabetic option: egg whites only)
- 1/4 cup almond milk sweetened (or unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 slices whole wheat bread (or multigrain bread)*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat skillet to medium high heat and coat with olive oil. Whisk egg and cinnamon in a bowl. Dip bread into egg mixture.
2. Put bread into skillet and cook until golden brown about 2 minutes on each side.
3. Serve on a plate with optional fruit and or thumb-sized portion of honey.
*don’t use brioche bread