Cook up tomatoes, kale, cream, and ground pork for an Italian inspired keto recipe.
I hope you are well!
Try this keto recipe soup with kale and tomatoes.
Tomatoes are rich in Vitamin K, A, and C. (1)
Did you know tomatoes have antioxidants that can prevent cell damage and fight cancer? (1)
Kale also has a significant amount of Vitamin K, A, C. (2)
Vitamin A is beneficial for your eyesight.
Eat more kale!
CREAMY TUSCAN KALE SOUP KETO RECIPE
- soup pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin or olive butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, roma cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 lb ground pork*
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 handfuls of kale shredded
- 2 cups chicken/pork broth low sodium
- 1 cup water add more if necessary
- 1/2-1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Cook garlic, onions, and tomatoes
- Heat pan on medium high heat. Add the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the garlic. After the garlic has browned, saute the onions.
- After 3 minutes, add the tomatoes and cover pot for 2 minutes.
Brown the pork, then add kale
- Next, cook the pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until pork is browned and crispy.
- Add the kale and cover for 2 minutes.
- Pour broth, water, and heavy whipping cream. Bring soup to a boil.
Serve hot with parmesan cheese
(1) Swartzendruber, K. (2018, July 17). Tomatoes provide many health benefits. Michigan State University. https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/tomatoes_provide_many_health_benefits
(2) (n.d). Kale. Harvard School of Public Health. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/kale/
New Recipe Card
Exclusive green and gold design now available.
What’s Cooking on Patreon?
Support Bianca on Patreon and get exclusive merch, bonus content, behind the scenes and more.
Caynel Masticating Juice Extractor
Affiliate disclosure: My food story contains Amazon and Society 6 affiliate links. I will get a small commission when you purchase through the links at no cost to you.
Your New Kitchen Items!
Made by Bianca Soriano on Society 6