An English-inspired dish with beef or plant based meat, seasoned with bay leaves, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper and topped with carrots, celery, and a hearty cauliflower mash.
I hope you enjoy this English inspired and keto friendly recipe.
You may modify it into a vegetarian dish by using plant based ground “beef”.
Keto Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Crust is a hearty and healthy dish that gives you vegetables, protein, and healthy fats.
Gingham Green Picnic Style Apron
Cottage Pie with Cauliflower Crust (Keto)
- baking dish
Cottage Pie Filling
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium sized yellow onion minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 roma tomato diced (keep tomato juice intact)
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium
- 1 cup carrots minced
- 1 cup celery minced
- 1 cauliflower head cut into florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- extra virgin olive oil spray
1. Cook Pie Filling
- Add olive oil to skillet on medium high heat
- Fry garlic until browned, then add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add beef, salt, pepper, bay leaves, and tomato to the skillet and mix. Cook until beef is brown, crispy, and no pink color remains.
- Pour broth, carrots, and celery into skillet. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
2. Create Cauliflower Crust
- Fill the bottom of the pot with 1/2 inch water (don't add too much). Steam cauliflower florets for 10 minutes on medium high heat until soft.
- In a blender, combine cauliflower, cheese, heavy cream, and egg.
3. Cook Cottage Pie in Oven
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Transfer skillet contents to a baking dish.
- Add cauliflower mixture on top of the pie filling. Spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Add optional fresh herbs like parsley, cilantro, or dill.
New Recipe Card
Exclusive green and gold design now available.
What’s Cooking on Patreon?
Support me on Patreon and get exclusive merch, bonus content, behind the scenes, and more.
We’re cooking on YouTube!
Check out my other videos: