Make Blueberry Chia Yogurt with melted blueberries, chia seed pudding, coconut cream or unsweetened almond milk yogurt, alternative sweetener, and sliced almond toppings.
Blueberry Chia Yogurt Low-Glycemic Dessert
Make this keto yogurt with low-glycemic blueberries.
Add coconut cream, which is naturally sweet but with less than 1 g of sugar (Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream).
Chia Seeds Fight Against Obesity
Chia seeds contain digested total proteins (DTP) that had an “anti-inflammatory and even an anti-adipogenic effect” according to researchers (1).
They proved chia seeds can prevent “against obesity and its associated inflammation” (1).
(1) Journal reference: Chia Seed (Salvia hispanica L.) Digested Total Protein Prevented Adipose Tissue Inflammation and Reduce Obesity Complications in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzaa045_069
Pin Blueberry Chia Yogurt
See new video pins on soups, salads, and more by following my blog on Pinterest at biancasoriano1.
Blueberry Chia Yogurt Plant-Based Keto Dessert
- 2 mugs
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 4 tbsp coconut cream* or unsweetened almond milk yogurt + 1 tbsp alternative sweetener (erythritol, monk fruit, etc.)
- sliced almonds
- Heat blueberries in a mug by microwaving for 30 seconds.
- Soak chia seeds in water for 8 mins.
- Add coconut cream and chia pudding to mug. If using unsweetened almond yogurt instead of coconut cream, add 1 tbsp of alternative sweetener to yogurt.
- Add almond slices (and or extra blueberries) on top of yogurt.