Serve this warm blueberry jam on toasted multigrain bread. Enjoy this nutritious low glycemic fruit spread in less than 1 minute!
Does microwaving blueberries breakdown its Vitamin C content?
According to Fruits and Veggies, “microwaving is actually a good way to minimize the loss of nutrients”.
Researchers have found “higher retention values of water-soluble vitamins (including Vitamin C) in foods that were prepared in the microwave” source: Fruits and Veggies
This blueberry jam recipe contains only “4.77g of sugar” source: FatSecret
Blueberry Jam (Low Glycemic)
- 1/3 cup blueberries fresh
- 1/2 tbsp erythritol or other alternative sweetener
- Heat blueberries in microwave for 30 seconds in a microwave safe container.
- Mix erythritol with jam. Serve warm on multigrain toast.
- Toast 2 pieces of multigrain bread.
- Add blueberries to top of slices.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Carefully mash blueberries until it has a jam like consistency.
- Add sweetener on top of bluberry jam like 1/4 tsp honey or erythritol.
See new video pins on soups, salads, and more by following my blog on Pinterest at biancasoriano1.